Thursday, September 17, 2009

Recommendation: The Weight Of Silence

I found this little gem of a book while traveling back from Buffalo NY to Arizona. As usual my mid flight was completely canceled and I ended up with some time to spare. I visited the airport Barnes and Noble and asked for a truly wonderful piece of fiction. As of late I have been hitting the non fiction department quite a lot. I was due for a piece of fiction I could sink my teeth into. The clearly passionate female staff member handed me this book: The Weight of Silence by first time Author, Heather Gudenkauf. I ended up saving it for a later day. When I picked it up I could not put it down until I finished it that night.







Synopsis: Two little girl friends disappear. One, a shy selective mute, and the other, a socially adept ray of sunshine. They both are found missing from their rooms in the early morning hours. The story is told from the perspectives of both girls as well as that of parents, a sibling and a Deputy.

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

http://theweightofsilence.com/WeightOfSilence/

No comments:

Post a Comment