Friday, September 28, 2007

My Albatross is an Empty Box

I floated out to a new world
on a paddle boat of excuses
lashed together with an inability to let go
made buoyant by an impenetrable arms length
of bubble wrap, wax and
imaginary kittens kept around another's heart.
I adjusted my sail
made out of the sensitive skin
shed when the rest flew away
stretched across the bones
which promised they would support my every move
they still do

The new land is green blue
brown and red
varied
lush
providing me with all I need
with promises never to live up to my expectations

Time stops for a moment as I contemplate
and appreciate my mode travel
I see it for its good and change
what I have made it into- loving it all the same
I launch my skiff into the largest
swiftest river
screaming with passion and joy at the newness and danger of it all
and look forward

My home is on the river.


LJS
09-28-07

No comments:

Post a Comment